When the holidays roll around, I always make several batches of these candied pecans. They make great snacks, I like to put them on my charcuterie boards and I put them in salads too! They are so simple to make!
First, preheat the oven to 300°F. Then Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. I get my pecan halves at Sam’s Club.
Then mix together the sugars, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt until combined. Set it aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the egg white, vanilla, and water until frothy.
Add the pecans to the wet mixture and toss to coat the pecans.
Add the sugar mixture and toss until the pecans are covered with the sugar.
Then spread the pecans in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Bake 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. The sugar mixture will harden on the pecans.
Remove them from the oven and let cool. Store in baggie or jar. Find my Candied Pecans recipe below.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups unsalted pecan halves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add sugars, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg white, vanilla, and water until frothy. Add pecans and toss to coat pecans. Add sugar mixture and toss until pecans are covered.
- Spread pecans in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Sugar mixture will harden on pecans. Remove from the oven and let cool. Store in baggies or a jar.